Thursday, March 18, 2010

MARCH...my favorite month of the year!

I LOVE MARCH!!! For many reason March is totally awesome! First off, baseball season starts! For another Spring has usually already arrived and the Texas Bluebonnets have started to line the highways, one of my favorite things!!!! The main reason the majority of my life is my birthday is on the 30th and birthdays are huge in my family! (Fun Fact: I was born the day President Reagan was shot, I think it was part of my destiny to be a Republican). But as I have gotten older one of my all time favorite things is MARCH MADNESS!!!!!!!

About 6 years ago when I lived in NYC with my sister, her now "KREW" started a march madness pool. This was the Spring after the Summer 03 tragedy at Baylor and one of our top stars, John Lucas, transferred to Oklahoma State. Off of our team that year 3 players that transferred to other schools ended up taking their teams to the Sweet Sixteen...Oh the possibilities. Well, Heather and I ended up watching I think every single game we could and cheered on John Lucas as he scored a game winning 3 pointer all while sitting in her living room knitting scarves (yes I said knitting) we cheered for OK St all the way til their run ended and it was so much fun. I guess God was getting me ready to root for Okie St the rest of my life.

Two years ago, my beloved Bears made it to the Big Dance and I was so proud, unfortunately our run didn't make it to the 2nd round. But I was so proud of where those guys came from cause those Srs. chose to take a chance at Baylor at its worst and were able to do something and accomplish a dream. Well after a year absent in the tourney and making it to the NIT championship game, MY BOYS are BACK!!! And we're a 3 seed, A 3 SEED!!!! OH WOW!!! Well, we played today and I was such a nervous wreck! When it comes to BU sports I am a huge fan and always a wreck, especially when we are suppose to do good. See there have been so many disappointments along the way, I have to prepare myself for something bad to happen so I wont be crushed! Its the saying Hope for the Best, Prepare for the worst! That's my life when it comes to BU sports. Well I was doing that today, I was nauseous all day long because what if we don't live up to the Hype??? And my goodness there is hype, people are predicting us to be in the Final Four!!!! WHAT!?!?!? WTHeck!!!!! Well I will say, we won today, its WAS NOT pretty, but we got the W, I paced the entire last 3 minutes (even had to move furniture so I could, hehe). Hopefully we got all those nerves out and don't play like that the rest of the tourney, I may have a heart attack if we do. I hope we are able to live up to the hype but I dont think that I can rid of this something is going to happen nervousness, but I will say I believe and never have stopped believing in my bears! Its been a great year for those boys and they beat Texas 3 times (totally took me to my happy place)! So to my beloved Bears...I love you, you make me proud to be a Bear, now enjoy the "Big Dance", make the best run you can (I will still love you know matter what) and SIC'EM!
aj

2 comments:

  1. Sic 'em Bears! Great post girl...fun times knitting those scarves cheering for the Big 12 in NYC! (Oh, remember the girls' loss to Tennesee...OMG that was awful! We'd gone to the Circlus and ESPN Zone that night.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. March is a great month! but I love April :) My anniversary and birthday month! hahaha, can't wait to see you in a week or so! It's going to be a great time. Hope the bears continue to do well and there is not a lot of basketball talk at your party...j/k I just hope no one dogs the Aggies :)

    ReplyDelete