Monday, January 20, 2014

Weeks 1-4

As I said in my last post I started a little bit behind so I am going to try to catch up real fast on what my JOY has been the last four weeks.  The joy that I found out of these situations didn't necessarily happen in the order that I am going to list them but I still found Joy in them all the same.

Joy 1:
So I was running errands for work at the end of my work day on Friday and crossed over a bridge where I could see this amazing sunset.
 
Sunsets are one of my favorite things in the world. If I could watch the sunset every night I would love it! Every time I see one I am just amazed at God's creation. The pure beauty of it brings me great Joy. So even though by the time I got to the post office they had closed 2 minute before I got their (the blinds were still swinging) and I was frustrated that I missed them, I still made myself find a place to park and get out of my car and take a picture of this beautiful sky because it brought me Joy and awe at how he could create something so perfect. #nofilter
 
Joy 2:
So my next joy is something that if you know me well you probably aren't surprised. For those of you don't I will start off by introducing my husband. Hi Chris!


 
So for those of you that don't know, I HATE cooking, I can do it but I don't enjoy it, if I am going to cook it is going to be fast and easy...if it takes longer that 15-20 prep I am out. I won't do it, Chris on the other hand is the type of cook that can spend hours preparing one meal, he can look into the refrig or pantry and say hey I am going to use this, this and this and it turns into a masterpiece. He can have something one time and recreate it. But the things he takes the most pride in are the recipes that have been pasted down to him, especially from his grandmother. So even though I am not a fan of the kitchen, I take joy out of watching him work in there, which is more often than not. I often say that we wouldn't eat if it wasn't for him. Here are a couple of picture of his handiwork




My Mom's Texas Trash (Chris makes, I just help stir, but I always make a mess)

 
Making Breakfast, yep see that pancake dispenser, that was my Christmas present, guess who used it first...but that goes back to a joke with his family about me not knowing how to make pancakes this summer, it's not that I can't do it, but I never learned, and it's not cause my mom wouldn't teach me, she taught my sister's I just didn't care enough to learn how. So for now and probably always I will continue to take Joy out of watching him work in the kitchen and try to remember to tell him how appreciative I am. And don't worry I do the dishes :)

Joy 3:
My family. Being that I am so far away I have gotten to the point of really taking joy out of when I see my family, mainly cause it has to last sometime 6 months or more. They can always make me smile and I love to talk to them as much as I can since I don't see them that much. There is something about talking to them that always makes my day, here is the last pic I have of us all. We didn't take a pic when we saw them at Thanksgiving but it shows us where we spent so many memories growing up and when I think of family bonding it goes hand in hand with BU sporting events

 
 
Joy 4:
So joy 3 kinda flows into Joy 4. As most of you know my love for Baylor goes generations deep as my grandparents use to rent out hotel rooms in the Alico for Homecoming way back when and it was only proper that my parents pass their love of Baylor and sports on to us 3 girls. Going to Baylor sporting events was/is my family's way of spending time together and bonding. So even though I couldn't be there with the rest of my family I started 2014 out cheering on my dear old Baylor Bears in their first ever BCS bowl game as Big 12 Champs for the first time! Wait, what!!! Did I say that right??? Am I losing my mind?? Nope it really happened and it happened in my lifetime!! Even though we lost our BCS game I can honestly say that I had more joy watching Baylor Football this year then I think humanly possible! The fact that I got to share this joy with my entire family was awesome, it was the highlight of conversations with us for months! No matter what happens from here on out this year was incredible and I am so glad that I got to experience it with my family. It's like years and years of hurt and heartache have been washed away. I am so grateful that I was able to experience that Joy I don't even have words for it, I don't even think I am making sense with it right now but the Joy that this season brought for me and my family will forever be a great memory for me and I am so glad I started 2014 that way!



Well that is all for now, I will see you next week with my next Joy.

aj

No comments:

Post a Comment