Friday, January 31, 2014

Struggle

When you see the title of my blog this week it makes you think that I have been struggling with something to be joyful in this week. That's not the case I have plenty of things to write about but just don't think that is what I am suppose to write about. What has been my stuggle is how to write what is on my heart that I know that I should right and hoping it comes out the way in which I mean it to come out. Tuesday is my normal writting day and it just so happens to be that on Tuesday both a blog I read and my devotional had this verse that I felt that I was called to write about.

Philippians 4:4-9
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Roman’s 5: 3-5
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to

I am not sure if this was directed at me or close friends and family that I have going through some rough times right now but then I came upon this verse and knew I had to share. The question was how...I dont want to be a debbie downer or upset anyone going through things right now and seriously talking about rejoicing in our sufferings, really that totally stinks! How do you approach that topic?

As I look back, the month of January has not been a good month for us in the last couple of years and there have been various reason that have caused some suffering and guess what that is part of life and will always be part of life. I know that I want to be angry and mad and ask why, but is that really what God has called us to do?  In church Sunday our pastor talked about how couple dont always feel as though they have anything to show for all the struggles and suffering they have gone through in their marriage but guess what the fact that you loved each other through those times is what you have to show and it is what has made your love so much stronger. The same goes for your relationship with Christ.

So this week, my joy is in my suffering, that I am able to look back on it and during it and know that it is/was my faith and the prayers from myself and those that surround me that got me through it. And that the suffering is what made me who I am and made my relationships stronger. Hopefully I can continue to be there and pray for others as they are going through theirs and they will be able to take joy in their suffering as well, even though it is incredible hard, there is a reason for it, it is stated in Romans 5.

I hope this is how I was suppose to share this, I just kinda started writing and hoped for the best...til next week

aj

No comments:

Post a Comment